| Read Time: < 1 minute

On behalf of Riley Law Group PC posted on Thursday, September 28, 2017.

It’s easy to believe that lead poisoning will never impact you or your family, but it’s possible that this could come into play at some point in the future.

There are many causes of lead poisoning, such as if a child ingests lead paint chips. Lead-based paints were common in homes for many years, as this was not banned until 1978.

As a parent, it’s important to understand the many symptoms of lead poisoning, as this will help you pinpoint if your child is suffering from this illness. Some of the primary signs and symptoms include:

  • Learning difficulties
  • Developmental delays
  • Loss of appetite
  • Irritability
  • Weight loss
  • Abdominal pain
  • Vomiting
  • Fatigue and an overall feeling of sluggishness
  • Seizures
  • Hearing loss

While some of these things are simple to pinpoint after ingestion, other signs don’t immediately move to the forefront. For example, you may not recognize developmental delays right away.

Knowing the potential causes of lead poisoning is important, as this can help you and your family avoid trouble.

As noted above, lead was used in many paint products up until 1978. In addition to paints for homes, it can be found on some types of furniture and toys. It’s possible that lead pipes can release particles into drinking water.

If you have any reason to believe that you or your child is suffering from lead poisoning, make sure you receive immediate medical attention. From there, you’ll want to find out what went wrong.

For example, you may find that your landlord left lead paint in your home. In this case, you should learn more about your legal rights. You may find that you are in position to file a lawsuit with the idea of receiving compensation.

Author Photo

Rate this Post

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars
Loading...